Jul 12, 2011

Watch The Devil's Double Online Megavideo Free

Watch The Devil’s Double Movie Online
 I saw The Devil’s Double at the Sundance Film festival back in January. I didn’t really know anything about the story, but there was such a buzz about it at the festival I thought, why not? that’s what festivals are for, watching movies you might not normally see
. I wasn’t sorry that I did, from the first scene until the last I was gripped, I found myself laughing at times when normally you wouldn’t, but that was the great thing about it, it was a roller-coaster ride. A gangster movie set in Baghdad in the 80′s, the fact that it’s based on a true story doesn’t really hit you until you walk out, and you completely believe that the lead Dominic Cooper is two different people. Fantastic. Even more fantastic is the fact that the guy who the movie is about Latif Yahia is still alive! I’ve seen some people rate this movie with one or two stars, nonsense, 11 out of 10 it’s great! But don’t believe me, spend a few dollars and make up your own mind, you won’t be sorry, I certainly wasn’t.
This film has many redeeming features and I personally found it very enjoyable. In fact it’s quite similar to Dorian Gray but loads better and nowhere near as monotonous. How a certain reviewer , who although has his own other personal opinions which I really respect, gave this film just 1 star out of 10 I do not know. One just has to watch the trailer to find out. Trust me, it deserves much more than that mark. Overall this is a great film and for me it lived up to my expectations. Despite some minor flaws I left rather satisfied at the end, certainly something 1 star films are not capable of doing.
I saw “The Devil’s Double” at the Berlinale 2011. An unusual large number (over 300) stayed for the full 30 minutes of Q&A after the screening. The producer warned us that we should expect not too much of the political impact of this film. It is better (his words) to regard it as just a gangster movie. We also learned that the stand-in situation that seemed compressed here in a smaller time frame, in fact existed for a full 4 years. We saw that Latif succeeded in keeping his hands reasonably clean, but it cannot have been real for such a time span. We still may wonder how much of this life he was pulled-in, against his will and his nature, but nevertheless being part of it.
Watch The Devil’s Double Movie Online
According to the film maker, what we saw was in more respects not completely accurate. Some freedom was exercised while portraying the situation in Baghdad at that time. The existence of stand-in’s, however, was realistic and publicly known. That went as far as showing them openly, if only to confuse potential attackers. It certainly reduced the risk in public appearances, since one could never know whether you saw the real one, or a double dressed and acting like the real one.
To View The Full HD : free movies online for free

No comments:

Post a Comment