Mar 19, 2010

Prince of Persia First Reactions - ShoWest 2010

The reactions are pouring in from the first screening of Disney’s Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. The movie premiered at ShoWest and plenty of people are blazing the world of Twitter with their instant reactions to the film. Fans of the video game have thrown in their two cents as well as people who wanted to see if it lived up to the hype. Well, it’s time for Prince of Persia to be put on the chopping block so here it is…

For the most part, it sounds like people had high expectations for this film, which I believe was their first mistake. The majority of these tweets are comments of frustration and disappointment. This begs the question, did we all see the same trailers that have been gracing the internet for the past few months? Prince of Persia doesn’t look like the savior of the video game genre, hell it looks borderline campy!

The general consensus here is that the movie is mediocre, and that sounds like an accurate assessment. Just because Jake Gyllenhaal is doing backflips in the desert in the middle of a Jerry Bruckheimer film doesn’t mean it’s the be all, end all of action movies.

Here’s what we’re hearing through the grapevine so far…

  • SvenRump: Prince of Persia: a rollicking good time. Swords & Sandals 2010 Bruckheimer Style

  • Slashfilm: Feeling let down by Prince of Persia. The production design, cinematography, costume design all amazing. But the plot, characters and casting is kind of a mess.

  • FirstShowing: Prince of Persia was good, not great, pretty much exactly what I expected. It moved VERY quickly but was still long. Not enough parkour. I like the plot, but there’s so much going on it was confusing at times, felt a little rushed and messy, but wasn’t bad. Just good I guess.

  • Schofizzy: No surprise that PRINCE OF PERSIA: SANDS OF TIME looks cool and that’s about it.

  • mattign: Just saw Prince of Persia. Fun movie.

  • bitmobshoe: Prince of Persia movie is a lot of mindless, summer blockbuster fun. The expected cliches were out in full force though.

  • entoncesmn: Prince of Persia is big and loud and and action-filled but all that didn’t make the story better.


It sounds like a typical, middle of the road summer movie to me. I’ll probably still go see it because I never put it up on a pedestal to begin with. My expectations for it have been pretty low since day one.

Source : ScreenCrave

11 comments:

  1. Hi administrator I take pleasure fromI like what you all have to say. Very straight to the point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought I would remark and say cool theme, did you produce it on your own? It's really really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, not to repeat the hating on aol, but th is is probably essentially the most d isappointing l ist thus far. On each sides. How can El Banco Deuno and aol be on the most effective l ist, and then bash art directors club? I really did nothave an issue with that redesign, as well as the collateral was looking very excellent. You realize what must have already been to the l ist for worst logos? New York Philharmonic logo. My hatred of that logo burns in my chest to th is day. The title of the designer behind that logo would be the only motive for any of its accomplishment. The most beneficial l ist the yr is fairly mediocre for me.I like Mary Shu is remark about her alternatives for the finest l ist slightly much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FREE SHIPPING and free lugs and locks on all our wheel and tire packages

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been reading out a few of your stories and i must say nice stuff. I will surely bookmark your site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of beneficial reading here, thanks! I was searching on yahoo when I observed your post, I’m going to add your feed to Google Reader, I look forward to a lot more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't normally get to read things that make me laugh but your article really made me erupt into laughter. You are such a funny writer with entertaining topics. Keep up the great work you do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You most likely hear this frequently but your writing is just so enjoyable. Thank you for adding entertainment in my life with the pieces you do. Please don't stop with all your originality.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I myself usually don't post on blogs, however your Blog made me, great work.... simply unbelievable!! The subjects are opposite but your blog and Credit Score Blog are both the best I have read to this date. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you did an awesome job explaining it. Sure beats having to research it on my own. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is a great share of your knowledge in the field on this page. I enjoy your writing. I've added the feed to my Google Reader RSS subscriptions and will continue reading your work. I did have a loading speed problem with how fast this page loaded. Might be something to fix.

    ReplyDelete